9. 1700 B Ave NE (Central Park Presbyterian Church)
This painted “white brick” church was constructed in 1904. It replaced an earlier frame church that for many years still stood behind the newer building, until an education addition was constructed along the alley in 1929. It was in the older frame church that Grant Wood was baptized in 1902, the same day as his lifelong friend, Paul Hanson. Many of Wood’s friends and neighbors were members of this church, including Dr. Byron McKeeby.