17. 1736 D Ave NE (Walter Cherry)
Walter Cherry was manager of the old J.G. Cherry Company (later Cherry Burrell, now known as Evergreen Co. in SW Cedar Rapids). Grant Wood’s brother John worked at the old Cherry factory. In 1925, when the Cherry Company was still located along the 300 and 400 blocks of 10th Ave. SE, Grant Wood was hired to paint several images of the interior of the factory. This was Cherry’s residence from 1911 to 1917.